Guest Speaker: Josh Pigford (@Shpigford)
- Josh created Baremetrics (SaaS metrics for Stripe) out of his own frustration
- Idea on October 14, 2013 to launch on November 14, 2013
- Build what you need (and not what other people need) is not a guarantee that you have created a sustainable business. Probably other people have the same issue. In the worst case, you solved your own problem.
- Charge from day one. If you are getting money for it you are getting validation
- Get it out the door as soon as possible
- Getting the first customers bought time to learn more about the problem you are solving
- 2 months after it, application was rebuilt from scratch
- Price for the customers you want: $9 and $99 are very different type of customers. Low price customers create the most support and will quickly jump off. Go to customers that make more money and therefore are less price sensitive
- A more detailed description of the talk, by the author himself
Read notes of all the other talks on the Microconf 2014 Hub page.