- Brian runs Restaurant engine, a web design solution for restaurants
- Establish trust
- Keep costs down
- Avoid using paid channels
- Build a steady source of traffic
- Systematize, automate and outsource
- The content writing team creates the post (and has a guideline on how to properly format it)
- Option to review it if necessary
- Writers manage editorial calendar (two months in advance)
- How to get ideas for new contents? Look for contents in forums, industry blogs and magazines
- Gather data on the current articles and see what’s most popular
- Keep readers engaged anticipating next email.
- Post is published on Mondays, newsletter is sent on Tuesdays (completely automated)
- Guest post every month on the topic pitched (add a call to action on the byline of the blog post)
- Provide highly relevant contents. Repurposing contest like creating slide decks can help.
Read notes of all the other talks on the Microconf 2014 Hub page.