Brennan is a solopreneur and growth-hacker. He runs planscope and talks about little things that can have a big impact on growing your Saas business.
- Identify and tweak points of optimization: Visitors > Trials > Activations > Paid. Treat one and it affects all the others. Same things for churn.
- Reacquire drive-bys:
- Use retargeting to drive interested people back to you
- Different intentions shall be addressed differently: information search (looking to solve a problem) vs product search (looking for a product) must be addressed differently
- Make this a product for one
- Adapt your communication to your audience
- Create specialized landing pages for each persona
- A perfectly placed “if” condition can go a long way toward improving conversions. Technically easy to do.
- Trial scores
- Assign a score to each trial, so you know which one you should manually outreach and are more likely not to convert
- Send different emails for good trial/bad trial sequences.
- Take a snapshot of db when a user buys. Find commonalities. If they do all the commonalities = 100% score.
- Educate everywhere:
- Your product is a very small part of customer’s business.
- Sends a manual email when a proposal closes. Responses become excellent testimonials
- Do an exit interview
- If you ask for a credit card first, they are required to cancel
- Show them a text box asking what went wrong. You’ll learn a lot from the feedback you get there (and possibly save the sale)
- People cancel for environmental reason (they no longer have a need) or product reason (your product is not working for them)
- Increase LTV
- The goals of the trial is to establish product fit. When done, charge
- Why don’t you upgrade from trial now? I’ll give you this book in exchange
- Figure out when accounts typically churn, email a few months before with a coupon discount for life. Make their account more valuable over time.
Read notes of all the other talks on the Microconf 2014 Hub page.