Standardize your common docs
(No IT required)
Creating templates can be a bothersome task.
Especially if the language is not easy to understand and they work only in specific applications (e.g. Microsoft Word).
PhraseExpander templating system is easy to use and works in any program.
And you can get started in just a few minutes:
- Get one of your typical notes, reports or email and copy it into PhraseExpander
- Define which parts change and which are fixed
- Insert a Manual Input macro for each variable part
- Predefine the most common values for each variable
- Your template is ready to be triggered with an abbreviation
It takes just five minutes, no IT headaches required.
Use templates to generate customized text in a few clicks
- Trigger any template by typing an abbreviation
- Select the appropriate items from the form
- Customize the generated text in the preview window
- Confirm to insert the generated text in the active application
Plenty of ways to gather information
Use Manual Inputs to enter additional data when the phrase is executed.
Make your template do exactly what you need
The Manual Input design will allow you to customize how the input is displayed:
- Header & Footer allow you to add text before and after the selection
- Preselect one or more predefined values
- Populate the predefined values from a list of phrases
- Create optional sections that can be shown or hidden
- Generate lists that read naturally (e.g. one, two, three and four)
- Customize the generated text before it’s inserted into the document
PhraseExpander has allowed me to write more detailed notes in a shorter amount of time, and the creation of custom forms for specific chief complaints prevents me from forgetting to ask key questions while taking a history.— Ari Kounavis, M.D., Pediatric Allergy/Immunology
Editing is easy (no messing up with code)
Manual Inputs are highlighted in the phrase and can be previewed and edited quickly.
Check the final result without leaving the design dialog
Switch between different display types and find what works best for each context.
The Preview lets you see how the form looks like without leaving the design window.
5 reasons why you shall start using templates today
- Do more without sounding robotic: with templates, you can fill in your reports faster without sacrificing quality (you’ll end up increasing it). And they will read like you typed them yourself.
- Templates are fast: templates can be triggered with an abbreviation, wherever you are typing. You can customize them with the information that changes and you are all set.
- Enforce a procedure: templates let you enforce a procedure and make sure you are not forgetting anything and complying with quality standards.
- Focus on what’s really important: stop worrying about data entry or wasting time with formatting or copy and paste: now you can focus on your customers.
- Reduce errors: you will not only do things faster but also reduce errors as your templates keep you on track.